2 pieces of fabric for the body of the cover, 15 x 10.5 13.5 x 9.75
2 pieces of accent fabric, 6.5 x 9.25 5.75 x 8.25
2 pieces of sturdy cardboard or book-board, 5.5 x 8.25 5.5 x 8.75 I know this is not smaller but it’s what worked best in mine. I happened to have some heavy duty plastic, the kind that was an insert in a craft carrying case, and it worked quite well.
I added the elastic before the accent piece on the right side was sewn down. I cut my elastic longer (about 3″) and folded the excess ends under the accent piece and sewed it down at the same time as the accent fabric. To accomplish this I sewed a scant 1/8th inch from the outside edge. As I mentioned in my previous post, the Steam-A-Seam was fantastic and was helpful in keeping the elastic ends turned under. I measured only 2″ from each corner versus 2.5″ for the elastic placement.
Another change I made was to put a layer of batting (13.25 x 9.5) on the wrong side of the outside body fabric to add a little padding. Next time I will add some fusible interfacing on the wrong side of the outside body fabric where the button will be sewn to give it a little more stability.
Happy sewing, Cherie