May 9th

The civil war blocks from Barbara Brackman are piling up on my design wall 🙂  Check out Design Wall Monday at Judy’s post here.

This week’s block isn’t completely finished as it wasn’t going together very well.  I’ll take it apart and start over at another time.

I did finish a signature block for Victoria that I dropped in the mail today.

My trip to the new Goodwill Clearance Center yielded a few new shirts to add to my thrifted fabric collection.   The quality of the items was, in some respects, better than I had anticipated.  The items are in “bins” but not the canvas wheeled bins I had pictured but essentially rolling elevated shallow bins so the items are at waist height and easy to sort through.  I was disappointed there weren’t many men’s shirts but that could just be a fluke.  On the other hand, I found quite a few other items and only spent $10.17.  Here are the washed and ready to deconstruct items I bought.  These will not be added to my stash report until they are cut and ready to use 😉


Stash Report – no change from previous:

  • Fabric in:  0 yards
  • Fabric out: 0 yards
  • YTD Fabric in: 92 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 16 yards
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 76 yards accumulated