Late in the day design wall posting because I forgot to bring in my pictures 🙁 I sewed with the Scrap Club on Saturday and had such a good time. I completed the Zigzag 9 quilt top which is BIG….approx 92 x 102! I didn’t check the size when I started on this pattern. Guess I just assumed it was about twin sized. LOL not!
I’ll have to raid my stash to come up with enough fabric to make a backing for Zigzag since I used scraps for the 9 patches and don’t have any of the background left at all.
I also completed piecing the backing for my Crumb quilt top, which is on my priority list.
The result of this is I have a positive change in my stash report, woo hoo!
- Fabric in: 0 yards
- Fabric out: 14 yards (Zigzag 9 top and crumb quilt backing)
- YTD Fabric in: 126 yards
- YTD Fabric out: 41 yards
- Net Fabric In/(Out): 85 yards accumulated Down from 99 🙂
Another design wall Monday and another week of not much sewing going on. I haven’t even worked at catching up on the civil war BOW, my first Sat blocks are waiting as is the award ribbon AND several projects in process. It’s due to a combination of the weather being nicer and being bitten by the reading bug….I’ve finished off about 4 books in the past two weeks. If you’re reading the old fashioned way rather than listening to them, then you can’t be sewing!
Here’s my wall which is the same as last week. Check out Judy’s DWM post for other design walls 🙂
I did finished a rag rug I started crocheting eons ago. It looks pretty good on kitchen floor.
I sewed some on the Zigzag 9 quilt too but there’s not much progress to show. I’m sewing the second half of the quilt together and making a few more 9 patches since I didn’t have quite enough.
I’m prioritizing my projects as I have some deadlines coming up. Here’s a start:
Quilt Show Ribbon – due middle of July
SAHR project – must be completed by Sept 11
Crumb Quilt – must be completed by Sept 11
AAQI Priority Quilt – due middle of Sept
Hope this helps me focus. I do want to catch up on the civil war blocks before it’s get too daunting…..if I get them cut, they can be my leader/enders.
Happy Quilting 🙂
I worked on the ribbon last night gathering both the front and back around the cd’s and getting the flower petals together. I’m deciding how big I want the button in the center to be and then I’ll attach the flower to the front. The sun wasn’t shining so this picture isn’t the best but I’d like your opinion about the size of the flower……is it too big or just right?
We had a beautiful weekend with a nice break from the heat, we planted some more flowers, hung out on the deck reading and I didn’t spend much time sewing at all. Here’s my design wall for this wonderful June Monday.
The red strip squares are for a scrap club project and I have all 35 squares sewn. I need to cut triangles to make these square-in-a-square blocks. Also on my wall is my 4th tile block which I’ve been sewing on the train (note to self, get the rest of the swag border applique blocks prepared to sew them on the train).
Check out Judy’s DWM post here. You’ll see loads of other projects that are sure to make you droll 😉
The only sewing this weekend was on the ribbon for the quilt show. I big stitch quilted the background and started working on the flower for the center. I basted the edges so I can cover the cd easily. I’m not exactly sure how to attach the flower once it’s done. Perhaps just tack each petal towards the ends and then add the covered button to the middle and anchor it in the middle.
- Fabric in: 0 yards (Whew!!)
- Fabric out: 0 yards 🙁
- YTD Fabric in: 126 yards
- YTD Fabric out: 27 yards
- Net Fabric In/(Out): 99 yards accumulated
This past Saturday was First Sat at the Quilted Fox and I didn’t finish sewing my block until……Saturday morning! Not only that but I don’t have the alternate block done yet!