Hearts for AAQI

I’ve finally finished hand quilting my AAQI hearts.  If you remember I was supposed to have this finished to send in with all the rest of the Priority quilts from my guild.  I’m late, late, late but I’m almost there.  As the temporary quilt registration goddess, I feel bad about not getting mine done but I did complete my registration duties…….our quilts are 9058, 9059, 9060, 9061, 9062, 9063, 9064, 9065, 9066, 9067, 9068 and 9069.  Not all the photos have been loaded but I’m sure they will be soon.

I bought this fabric on a whim a few years ago and thought it would be perfect for the backing.

Here’s a picture where you can see the quilting 🙂  I plan to get the binding on this weekend and drop it in the mail on Monday…..finally.

Tomorrow on Judy’s blog the 2012 Color Challenge quilts will be posted…….I have mine started and I hope to finish it tonight.  Whew, nothing like cutting it close, right?

Happy Quilting, Cherie

 

It’s a Red, White & Blue Monday

It’s Design Wall Monday and the theme of this post, by pure coincidence, is Red, White & Blue.  I cut the fabrics for my First Saturday blocks and a couple Civil War blocks.  For this civil war block, I used one of the fabrics I received from Vicki…..as soon as I saw the blue fabric with stars, I knew it was perfect for the flag block!

My design wall has more red string blocks.  All of the blocks are sewn but I didn’t trim the rest of them because Bonnie pointed out on her blog that it was double work to trim them square them up, cut them in half and then trim the triangles again, duh 🙂  I’ll work on getting the triangles cut later. 

On Saturday we went to the parade in downtown St Louis to honor the Iraq veterans home. 

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  2.5 yards (a couple of shirts from my husband’s closet cut up and in the stash)
  • Fabric out: 0 yards
  • YTD Fabric in: 18 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 7 yards
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 11 yards

Happy Quilting, Cherie 

Bapron

Yes, Bapron as in baby apron 🙂  I found a tutorial to make this Bapron on Ucreate.  It was easy to follow.  I made one for Lily Bean and forgot to take a picture before it was put in the box to send…….so here is the lovely Lily modeling the Bapron 🙂  

Because the Bapron has arm holes, it stays in place better than a bib and doesn’t Lily look adorable? 

Monday-Design Wall Time

It’s Monday and time for Design Wall Monday 🙂  I finished some of those red string blocks I’ve been sewing for who knows what 🙂

Check out Judy’s DWM post here.  I’ve also gotten out the Topsy Turvy Nine Patch from forever ago (started at the Oct 3, 2009 workshop).  All it needs are the borders added….and they are pieced already!  I’m not sure they are pieced correctly because they don’t seem to fit any of the sides.  I need to re-read the directions and see what’s up.  It would be nice to finish this one up finally!

 

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  1.5 yards (a couple more Goodwill items cut up and in the stash)
  • Fabric out: 0 yards
  • YTD Fabric in: 15.5 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 7 yards
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 8.5 yards

Happy Quilting, Cherie  

Stash Swap

I attended our quilt guild meeting which was fun but what was even better was finding out the package of scraps from Vicki had arrived!  Woo hoo 🙂  I love the fabrics she sent, especially the reproductions.  I’ll be using some of the them in the remaining civil war blocks from Barbara Brackman’s block-of-the-week which I’m now excited to get moving on again.  Thank you, Vicki, for agreeing to swap with me and I hope you like the scraps I sent you.  I took a quick picture of them this morning but I can’t wait to get home tonight and comb through them again.