I went on a three day sewing retreat with friends and we had a blast! I received advice to take blocks to sew into tops at retreats because there’s lots of space and it doesn’t take the concentration that cutting or sewing blocks needs so you can really enjoy yourself. Wonderful advice…I brought finished blocks for three projects and fabric for a center panel for a round robin (of a sort) that needs to be mailed Feb 12. I’m happy I finished all three tops 🙂 Brown log cabins, First Saturday quilt (Fox Visits Provence) and Pinwheel Party (a free BOM offerered by Twiddletails in 2010!!!).
I just have to add handles to these baskets on my design wall and then decide which one I’ll use for the round robin. I’m linking up with Judy’s design wall Monday post.
Then I received a truly wonderful gift, this box of civil war fabrics and blocks. I was in heaven…..truly a treasure trove and I can’t wait to work on this UFO. I’ll have to pay this one forward for sure!
- Fabric in: 10 yards (Red, civil war print and neutral pieces)
- Fabric out: 16.5 yards (Pinwheel Party in orange, brown log cabins & the Fox Visits Provence First Saturday project)
- YTD Fabric in: 30.25 yards
- YTD Fabric out: 30.5 yards
- Net Fabric In/(Out): (0.25) yards
Happy Quilting, Cherie