A Finish and a Flimsy

The weather is wonderful with highs in the 70’s.  I love fall!  Sophie went in for a spa day and when she returned, we got down to business.  The baby quilt I had pending is now quilted.  I sewed the binding down and then used the school glue method hold the binding to the back and then machine stitched from the front.  It wasn’t perfect but for a baby quilt, it will do and be the stronger for it.  Bad picture but the colors just didn’t photograph well.

Baby QuiltI finished the civil war top but it’s too big to get a picture of the whole thing.  Here’s the center all sewn together.

BB CW Flimsy cBB CW Flimsy bBB CW Flimsy aAnd here’s a shot of it with borders laid out on the conference table at work.

BB CW Flimsy dI’ll have to get a better photo with the side borders and corner blocks. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in: 2 yards (thrifted shirts)
  • Fabric out:  12.5 yards (Borders, blocks & setting triangles for civil war quilt) 
  • YTD Fabric in:  115.75 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 62 yards
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 53.75 yards 

Happy Quilting, Cherie

UFO Monday

It’s design wall Monday 🙂  I started sewing my civil war block-of-the-week (BOW) blocks together….it’s only been since Feb 2013 that I’ve had all the blocks, including the setting blocks, completed.  Shesh!!  All it took is a guild challenge to bring a UFO finished to the flimsy stage to our September meeting to get me sewing on them.  So here’s the design bed 😉

DWM 8-18-14I also finished my name from the letters I made taking Lynne Tyler’s workshop.  The name block that’s been on my design wall is now destined to be part of a kitchen sink quilt so I needed a new one.

Cherie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in: 1.25 yards (batik for Fox Sails the Greek Isle & misc)
  • Fabric out: 0.5 yard (Mountain Trails) 
  • YTD Fabric in:  113.75 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 49.5
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 64.25 yards 

Happy Quilting, Cherie

An Addition and a Replacement

I added a handle to the basket block (#13 Little Blue Basket) after my retreat companions voted unanimously for it.

For the Indiana Puzzle #33, I simply hand appliqued circles on two backgrounds, cut them in fourths, and made 2 new blocks.  Another extra for the backing…… 

May not be perfect but at least it’s the correct size so it’s better than the original one below.

AAQI Auction Action

I’ve been checking this month’s invitational quilt auction to see how my prediction for Diane Guadynski’s “Joy Remembered” to take top bidding honors.  Check it out!  It’s going for more than $2,000!!!  I think Libby Lehman’s “Lucid Moments III” is way under bid and maybe someone will get a bargain.

Dar left a comment about the number of Civil War blocks I’ve remade.  I counted them up and there are twelve!  Here are a few of them and I think they are destined for the backing as I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like a table runner or anything else made with them.