I had a great time at the Shipshewana Threads of Mine quilt retreat. There were somewhere around 56 quilters but I’m not sure we were ever all in the room at the same time.
I sewed on Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll……I learned that squaring up my HST was well worth the effort because the block units are fitting together just about perfectly. Here are 600 HST ready to be sewed together 5 at a time.
And sewn together with my leader/ender project sitting in front.
Then I started sewing the units into bigger units…..and here they are back at home waiting to be sewn up into completed blocks.
Like this one 🙂
I did a little stash enhancement shopping while there but I also de-stashed a bit too 😉
And that brings me to the design wall for this Halloween Monday:
Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll is going to be finished, completely finished by next year’s retreat because I’m going to show that I didn’t waste the whole retreat sewing and sewing for nothing (even though all I had to show for it was bigger block units than when I started, lol). I may never do another Bonnie Hunter quilt again 😉
- Fabric in: 8.5 yard (Shipshewana purchases 🙂 )
- Fabric out: 4.5 yards
(Shared at Shipshewana)
- YTD Fabric in: 158 yards
- YTD Fabric out: 86 yards
- Net Fabric In/(Out): 72 yards accumulated – just wait until I get the RRCB top together, that will bring down the total!
Happy Quilting, Cherie