Friday Night Sew-In Pictures

Here are my results from my Friday night sewing.  I finished the little pinwheels for the Pinwheel Party blue & orange quilts and started sewing the sashings on the blue one.

While sewing these, I made these cute 1  1/4″ half square triangles leader/ender style along with adding a couple of more strips to my crumb house block and this purple piece (leftovers from trimming down a couple of pinwheel blocks).  Fun times!


15 Minutes

Victoria of the Bumble Beans Inc blog is hosting a 15 minutes sew-a-long.  I’ve had a couple of days worth of 15 minutes and here are the results.

The squares are 2 1/2″ and will work nicely for 9 patch blocks.  I have no idea where the larger “house” block is going but it was fun to sew.

I took some time to square up some more of the 188 half square triangles as well.  I’m determined to get at least one of the Pinwheel Party quilts finished in July…..guess it will be the orange once since they are the ones getting squared up first 🙂


Vicksburg 7

I finished block 7 of the Vicksburg FREE BOM on the MetroLink this morning.


I realized, horror of horrors, I would finish the last leave well before arriving at work leaving me with no hand work!!  I dashed downstairs, quick cut a square of background fabric and stuffed a handful of scraps in a bag.  Whew!  Saved by the tile quilt.   There are several folks working on modern tile quilts as can been seen here.   I had a heart go all wonky on the Vicksburg block above so I’m using it as the first piece of my tile block.  Think I’ll leave this project in my work bag permanently to keep me out of trouble just in case 😉

Design Wall Monday

Nothing much has changed on my design wall.  I moved some of the border squares around and even sewed a couple together.  Be sure to check out what other quilters are working on by visiting Judy’s Design Wall Monday post.


I did finish my First Sat block….not due until Feb 6th, I might add!!!


I might have been a bit distracted from sewing by this fun puzzle I bought on sale from Connecting Threads.  It’s a good one in that the pieces aren’t all cut in a grid so it’s more challenging.


Also got all the prep work completed for my AAQI priority quilt.  I just set the pieces on the background and laid down a couple of stems…..the rest of the flowers will have stems too 🙂



Design Wall Monday

You can check out what other people are working on by checking in with Judy’s Design Wall Monday post.  Here’s what’s on my design wall:

The crumb quilt from my scraps I’m calling Fiesta!  The crumb border blocks are not sewn yet as I’m still playing with the placement but it’s much closer to finished now.

I was involved in a little retail therapy:

But a couple of the piece are to be used immediately (yes, I’m justifying).


This piece is already cut into squares, making 8 napkins (in place of paper so this is a green project…never mind I already have cloth napkins 😉 )

This piece I bought to practice some long arm quilting.  I thought these prints of vintage appliqued quilts would provide a fun, structured practice piece.  In addition, one of the other pieces, the purple one, has already been used for the second border on “Fiesta” so that means 5 yards have already been put into play 🙂

First 2010 Stash Report:

Added:  15     Cumulative Added:  24 yds

Used: 0         Cumulative Used:  0 yds  (I’ll count the napkins when they are finished and the practice piece when I’ve practiced!)

Net Out/(In): (24 yds)  Ugh!

On a better note, here are some pictures of my cats…

Last, here are the fabrics for the January First Saturday blocks.  Can’t wait to get these done.