Ribbon Center

I worked on the ribbon last night gathering both the front and back around the cd’s and getting the flower petals together.   I’m deciding how big I want the button in the center to be and then I’ll attach the flower to the front.  The sun wasn’t shining so this picture isn’t the best but I’d like your opinion about the size of the flower……is it too big or just right?


Design Wall Time

Here’s what’s on my design wall this April morning.  Click over to Judy’s DWM post for more quilty goodness.



The big news of the week is  —-  I completed the Animal Quilt, binding, label and all!!



Here’s the April First Saturday blocks.

I free pieced this yellow circle which was such fun!

The yellow circle will be quilted and wrapped around a CD to make the rosette of a yellow award ribbon for the Quintessential Quilt 2011 show.  Our guild directs this judged and juried show that hangs in the University City Public Library for the whole month of October.   For the first time last year we made the award ribbons and they were a big hit.  Directions for making these ribbons can be found here.

I’ve continued making half square triangles as my leader/enders for the RRCB quilt…..and I have 380 sewn & trimmed and a total of 425 sewn.  Woo hoo…..only 175 more to go.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  0 yards, yep nothing new 😉
  • Fabric out: 0 yards
  • YTD Fabric in: 27 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 16 yards
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 11 yards accumulated – the same as last report

 

 

Woo Hoo, Design Wall Monday

Here’s my design wall for Monday, March 28th:

Be sure to click over to Judy’s DWM post to check out all the links 🙂

I caught up on Barbara Brackman’s Civil War BOW with the addition of these three blocks:

If anyone noticed I was MIA last week, it was because I was invited to a wonderful quilt retreat at Jeanne’s summer get-away home.

There were five of us all together and we had a great time.   I was particularly happy to be invited as I the other women know each other outside of quilting but they chose to include me 🙂  Here are some pictures.  My sewing space (retreat made possible by Bill, who bought the land and built the house, nice that I got to use his chair 🙂 )

Darlene & Jeanne

Me, Carol & Marilyn

Carol’s Tie Pillow Project

Marilyn’s chair pads

My project hanging from the balcony – the quilt for Lily

Thanks Jeanne, Carol, Marilyn & Darlene.  It was wonderful and relaxing.

I waited until the deadline was upon me to finally get to the “Bah, humbug” free pieced words for Tonya but they are in today’s mail, woo hoo!

Last, I finished cutting up the last of the thrifted shirts I bought a while back….some nice greens, a lovely pink and a bold strip 🙂


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  6 yards, thrifted shirts
  • Fabric out: 0 yards
  • YTD Fabric in: 27 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 16 yards
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 11 yards accumulated


Stay At Home Robin

Here’s my SAHR project after round 8 which was to applique or embroider something on your piece.  I appliqued 2 bits on mine….both in bright blue.  The raindrop shaped piece on the left and curved piece on the green to the right of the raindrop.

Do you like the landscape orientation above or the portrait orientation below better? I can’t decide.  I’m planning to add more embellishment in the open green and purple areas so perhaps the landscape orientation will win out in the end.

Happy Quilting, Cherie

On the Wall

On my design wall I have round 7 of the SAHR along with some of the blocks from last week.

Here’s the SAHR in more detail.  Round 7 was the last pieced blocks so for round 8 we begin embellishing.


I’ve been plugging away on step 5 of RRCB getting more squares cut, sewn & trimmed.  I have more than 100 trimmed so I’m at least 1/6th of the way there 🙂

I had a bad sewing weekend.  Despite a special trip to The Quilted Fox to by white Aurafil thread for the animal quilt, Sophie was not a good girl.   The problem this time wasn’t with frayed thread.  Nope, she’d sew along nicely for about 12″ and then the top thread would break…..a nice clean break as if it was cut.  Then when I tried different things to solve the problem, I started getting large portions of skipped stitches.  I didn’t try long because I was fit-to-be-tied.  I mean seriously, I dread trying to use Sophie.  She was so nice when I first got her and now it’s just one long exercise in frustration.  You’d think $4,000 would make life easier.  Heck, I should have just hung up my long arm days when Cranky went bad.  GGGGRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.


Then I switched out the thread on my featherweight and I couldn’t get the tension adjusted on it to save my soul.  So that means I didn’t get any sewing on my January 2011 UFO Challenge, Moon Glow or quilt the pink reproduction quilt either 🙁

I spent some time cutting fabric because my rotary cutter still worked.  These are blocks 4 & 5 of Barbara Brackman’s block-of-the-week.


Happy Quilting, if your equipment works :-[