I bit the bullet last night and finished trimming up the rest of the half square triangles, whew! I tried holding the ruler with my left hand in a different position but it was pretty sore when I was done…..not sore enough to make me regret doing it though 😉 I pinned up all the pieces and started sewing. Don’t the finished pinwheels look pretty all lined up? Woo Hoo…..the end is in sight 🙂
And you knew I had to insert the leftover half hexies on the Pop Beads backing, right? Much better 🙂
The LS from Darlene (the beautiful flower print from my July 6th post) has proved disastrous for my stash…..the “Wake the Dead” line is no longer available from Andover but I found two sources that still had some. Uh Oh!
But I had too…..Sandy commented this fabric would be great for a stacked 4-patch and I agree! 🙂 Guess my next stash report will tell how much I was able to get……..when I get around to it, hehehe.
It’s Design Wall Monday! I’ll show you mine, why don’t you show yours on Judy’s Design Wall Monday post?
I have some 9 patches made using 15 minutes ala Bumble Beans project and the backing for the Pop Beads quilt. The backing is big enough the way it is but I’m toying with the idea of sandwiching the leftover half hexies you see above between the green fabric and a piece of pink (cut from the bottom)….probably will do that because it looks kind of boring as it is.
I worked on trimming up some more of the Pinwheel Party half square triangles…..I finished with the orange ones, yea!!! Now I’m onto the blue ones. If it didn’t aggravate the pain in my left hand so much, I’d have the done already…..grrrrrrr.
I like the scrappy 9 patches I made with the 15 minute squares. These might just make it into the quilt I’m collaborating on with my mother.
These little hexagon kits were handed out free at the AQS show in Paducah in 2009….took me awhile to try it out but I like it 🙂 The fabric and 7 paper pieces were included. I like some of the hexagons I’ve seen where they fussy cut the fabrics to get a repeating design so I’m going to try that just as soon as I receive the package of hexie’s I ordered from Paper Pieces…..like I need something else to do?!?!?!?!
And here’s my updated stash report, but first another picture of more stash used up…..Pop Beads binding.
- Added: .5 (flower fabric) Cumulative Added: 99.5 yds
- Used: 2 (pop beads backing and binding) Cumulative Used: 23 yds
- Net Out/(In): (76.5 yds)
Victoria of the Bumble Beans Inc blog is hosting a 15 minutes sew-a-long. I’ve had a couple of days worth of 15 minutes and here are the results.
The squares are 2 1/2″ and will work nicely for 9 patch blocks. I have no idea where the larger “house” block is going but it was fun to sew.
I took some time to square up some more of the 188 half square triangles as well. I’m determined to get at least one of the Pinwheel Party quilts finished in July…..guess it will be the orange once since they are the ones getting squared up first 🙂
Another Design Wall Monday. Go to Judy’s DWM post for links to other DWM posts. Here’s my design wall. Yes, the half hexies are hiding behind the Downy Touch of Comfort quilt. I was too busy bonding with Sophie to get the rows sewn together 😉
I quilted this it with free style flowers and I’m pleased with the way it turned out.
I also finished the log cabin quilting and a second Downy quilt.
Here’s the finished tile block. I had lots of fun working on this and have another one started. It will be awhile before I work on a third one as I have another Vicksburg FREE BOM ready to applique.
I continued working on the half square triangles for the Pinwheel Party sashing. I hope to have the pinwheels for at least one of the quilts done by this weekend by working a bit each day. I’m quilting one more Downy top tonight and then maybe one other charity quilt before I load up another one of my quilts.
Can you believe it’s the middle of June already? It was hot and humid outside this weekend but in my sewing room it was nice and cool 🙂 Here’s my design wall.
All the pieces have been sewn into rows on the half hexie quilt. Once I got into the zone, I could pretty much line up the two hex pieces by eye which sped things up a bit. I alternated sewing the hexies with the HST’s for the Pinwheel Party sashing.
There are 188 HTS’s in the stacks above….just waiting to be cut apart, ironed and squared up. These will be the sashing cornerstones…. too cute! I also finished the 12th and final blocks for the both the PP quilts, yea!!
I also spent so time with Sophie working on the quilting for this log cabin quilt (pic taken before quilting). If you remember, last weekend didn’t go so well but this time it went much better and the quilt is about half way quilted. Please visit Judy’s Design Wall Monday post here to see more Design Walls 🙂