Valentine’s Design Wall Monday :)

Happy Valentine’s Day 🙂  My Design wall has more of the same and something new.  I finished another piece of the Vicksburg border applique and block 7 of Barbara Brackman’s civil war BOW.   What’s new are the two plaid squares in the middle.  Check out Kate’s post here to see where I’m headed with them.   Be sure to hop over to Judy’s DWM post.

Here’s block 7 for the civil war BOW.

These are the shirts I’m using for more blocks like the green/blue ones in the middle of my design wall.  I think this quilt will be fun and should go fast.

I’ve continued to cut and sew leader/ender sytle more half square triangles for step 5 of RRCB.  There are now over 200 (each stack is 20) …… less than 400 to go!

I got a couple of other things done this weekend including cutting block 5 of Moon Glow, my UFO 2011 Challenge for Feb.  I probably won’t get it together this month as I’m still working on Jan’s block 4.  I’m hand piecing these as doing them on the machine wasn’t working out very well.  I’m keeping at them and that’s more than I can say for 2003-2010!!  I pieced the binding for the animal quilt too.

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  .5 (a couple of Fox tails)
  • Fabric out: .5 (binding for animal quilt)
  • YTD Fabric in:  10
  • YTD Fabric out: 5.5
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 4.5 accumulated

Monday – Design Wall Time

I used a cute fabric to fussy cut some squares.  Then I pulled some fabrics from my stash to frame them.   I think they are pretty cute 🙂  Check out Judy’s design wall Monday post to see what other quilters are working on.

What?  You say this is a new project???  Why, yes, it is.  But I’ve been sewing half square triangles for RRCB leader/ender style.  And, since today is a holiday, I plan to sew my Moon Glow block.

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  4.5 (from thrifted shirts)
  • Fabric out: 0
  • YTD Fabric in:  4.5
  • YTD Fabric out: 0
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 4.5


On a Roll

Monday evening I made a decision to use multiple reds for Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll.  I had toyed with the idea of using dark raspberry but I didn’t have enough fabric in my stash that I thought would work.  I looked at using one red fabric as Bonnie did but after looking at several other RRCB quilts in progress (like Jo’s or Pat’s or Wendy’s) decided I liked the more scrappy look of several different reds.  Below is my selection of reds.  Please tell me what you think of them……I started cutting the one in strips but can change any of the others.  The picture is close to the actual colors.

RRCB step 5 is making 600, yes, 600 half square triangles from the reds and neutrals.  I’ve cut 42 so far :-P.

I’ve cut up the thrifted shirts so I’ll have to add 4 1/2 yards IN on my first stash report for 2011……when I post it 😉

Happy Quilting, Cherie

Design Wall Time :)

I was gone a week and I have a bunch of pictures to post but first, here’s my Design Wall.


Click over to Judy’s Design Wall Monday post to see what other quilters have on their walls 🙂

Next up I finished my Recycled Cabins quilt!  It’s made completely from re-purposed shirts and I’m so pleased with it.

As you see on my design wall I finished my First Saturday BOM blocks

I completed the 3rd SAHR block.

While I was gone, I did a little shopping 😉

Check out the Cheddar…..I’m loving it!

What this means of course, is my stash report must be update 🙁

Stash Report:

  • Added:  8.5    Cumulative Added:  119.5 yds
  • Used:  0            Cumulative Used:  38.75 yds
  • Net Out/(In):   (80.75 yds)  I had a math error a while back and no one even noticed!!  Instead of ~50 yds in it’s ~80yds …must have been wishful thinking