First Saturday

..….is this Saturday so it’s a good thing I got my block finished last night 😉

I also cut the remaining strip sets so the three patches multiplied!  I’m ready to start sewing the 9-patches now.

Company is coming so I will have to give up some weekend sewing time to house cleaning but I plan to get decide on and sew the borders for Lily’s quilt, if nothing else.

Cat Nap

It’s definitely not spring like weather in St Louis today.  My cat, Casper agrees, staying curled up on the warm bed this morning.  The quilt Casper is on was made by my mom.  We took a class together when she was visiting St Louis and now I have the quilt she made 🙂

I’ve continued making blue/green three patches and, as soon as I cross cut these sewn strip sets, I’ll have the required 414.   Then I’ll start sewing them into nine patches as I want to get the zigzag top together so I’ll be able to show it at the April scrap club meeting.  I’ve also continued leader/ender sewing the red/neutral half square triangles.  I don’t have a current count but it is more than 350 so I’m getting closer to 600 every day.


It’s Monday, Time for Design Walls

Spring is coming because the daffodils in my yard are up and some even have the swell of flowers buds!!  On that happy note, here’s what’s on my design wall:

Be sure to click over to Judy’s DWM post to check out what’s happening on other design walls.  My wall is pretty much like last week with the addition of the newest civil war block, Birds in the Air, from Barbara Brackman’s block of the week.   You see two of them there…..yeah, well, I was being cute and thought I’d calculate exactly what size to trim down the half square triangles to and missed an important item….the seam allowance!!  LOL, at least this was a quick and easy block.


I joined a scrap quilters club and the first project of the year used this Awesome Lap Quilt pattern in Moda’s Bakeshop.    Well, awesome it wasn’t as cutting directions did not yield pieces that went together as directed.  I put mine together with a portrait orientation, cut some new pieces, un-sewed a bit and I’m calling it done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  2 yards, both on sale, one of black Kona and a brown print
  • Fabric out: 2 yards (Awful Awesome lap quilt)
  • YTD Fabric in:  12 yards
  • YTD Fabric out: 9 yards
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 3 yards accumulated

 




Monday Design Wall

On my design wall this week are sections of the lap quilt project from Moda found here.  This was the project selected by Teajuana for the scrap club I went to on Saturday and I pulled all the fabric from my strip & square bins with a few cut off actual yardage.

Over on Judy’s DWM post you can check out what other quilter’s have on their walls 🙂  In other sewing news, I got the backing to the animal quilt finished and continued working on the 600 half square triangles for step five of RRCB.

Included in the picture are cut off ends from RRCB step 4 which I sewed together…….maybe they will be the start of my next AAQI Priority Quilt.  I also finished the third block in Barbara Brackman’s Civil War sesquicentennial block-of-the-week (BOW).  I like it 🙂

Stash Report:

  • Fabric in:  5 (Kona Cotton – 2 yds bone for animal quilt & 3 yds for another baby quilt)
  • Fabric out: 5 yds for animal quilt top and backing
  • YTD Fabric in:  9.5
  • YTD Fabric out: 5
  • Net Fabric In/(Out): 4.5

Late FNSI

Here’s my (late) FNSI results.  I cut all the pieces for this quilt.

My excuse reason for not getting it posted yesterday is that I spent Saturday at Teajuana’s Scrap Club.   They meet once a month for a sew-in on scrap projects.    Since Saturdays are DH’s only day off, I chose to spend what remained of the day with him, thus the late posting 🙂  Trust me, I made the right choice 😉

Happy Quilting, Cherie