DWM & AAQI Priority Quilt Update

First off, here’s my design wall……..it’s a Pinwheel Party!!!  With Block B-1 you end up with an extra one that I’ll save for the back of the quilt.

Check out what other quilters have on their design walls at Judy’s Design Wall Monday post.

Next up, our AAQI Priority quilts have been assigned their registration numbers and are listed on the “Quilts Awaiting Assignment” page, woo hoo!!  They are 4957 thru 4968 🙂  I’ve sent the quilts out today so the pictures should be added soon.

In between watching Molly and her owlets this weekend (got to see the 4th owlet hatch!) I managed to sew the fourth Pinwheel Party blocks, get the binding machine sewn down on two quilts and load Sophie with my next quilt.


DWM and Quilting

It’s Design Wall Monday again and you can check out Judy’s post to see what others have on their walls.  Here’s my wall.  I completed block two of the Pinwheel Party quilt.

I also did some quilting on Sophie 🙂  She’s still a dream girl to work on and we got the second Scrappy Mountain Majasties quilt quilted.  It’s been trimmed and is ready for the binding.

Simontacchi was quite the pest this weekend when he wasn’t spying on the birds in the backyard.

Or napping on the quilt….

Or showing off his belly 😉

Stash Report

  • Added:  6     Cumulative Added:  55.5 yds
  • Used:  3 (backing for Recycled Cabins)          Cumulative Used:  ~10 yds
  • Net Out/(In):   (45.5 yds)

Design Wall Monday and A Story

I checked the IBOL website and see the bundle total is currently at 3,436.  Wow!  I sent two and was instrumental in one more 🙂  It’s been interesting to see that some folks have sent things for Mr. IBOL, including a customized t-shirt.  Check out the picture at the bottom of the post here.

So my design wall has my completed appliqued Eagle from Linen Closet Quilts and a little bit of that project I can’t show.

Eagle

I also used my design wall to show the object of my story…..

E Shirts

Over a year and a half ago, I started to make a Scrappy Mountain Majasties from mens shirts and I mentioned the quilt was for someone else.   I made way more blocks than I needed for one quilt and, NO, I didn’t plan it that way.  In fact, I didn’t plan it at all…….just kept cutting squares from all the shirts.  Anyhoo,  I made two quilt tops, pieced together two backs and made binding enough for two quilts.   Along the way, I had my close encounter with the rotary cutter which I blogged about here which is another totally different story related to these quilts.   I finished the first quilt and that’s the last I blogged about this project.

I didn’t get back to the second quilt right away, then when I did, I couldn’t find it.  I COULD NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE.  I remember having it when I showed my co-workers, my friend at dinner and at my quilt guild.  I couldn’t specifically remember bringing it home but it had been a month or more since then.   I couldn’t find it at home.  And I looked in the most likely and most unlikely spots.  Trust me, I looked EVERYWHERE and asked EVERYWHERE I’d been when I last remembered having it.  After several weeks of constant looking and feeling sick to my stomach, I finally told the recipient that I had lost it.  I didn’t blog about that because it was AWFUL, AWFUL.

Fast forward 6 months.  I’m preparing to quilt one of the Dino quilts and go to get batting for it.  There is a stack of three folded pieces of batting by my longarm so I unfold the first one to see if it will work.  Lo and behold, what do I find folded ever so neatly and safely inside????  YES!!  The second mountain quilt top!  I can’t begin to tell you the elation I felt at seeing that quilt top.   It wasn’t lost, just temporarily stashed in a VERY safe and secure place…..yeah, that’s my horrible, awful, bad story with the VERY HAPPY ENDING or it will be just as soon as I get that sucker quilted, bound and off to it’s owner!!!


And It’s Off

Mountain Quilt I is on its way!  I originally thought the label would be so cool done in the buttons saved from the shirts in the quilt but alas, it wasn’t coming together well.  I chucked that idea and went with a hand embroidered label and a heart made using the smaller shirt buttons.   It is  MUCH better than the first go round and I did get to incorporate the buttons.

mountain-quilt-mailing

Scrappy Mountain Majesty 1

I said I wouldn’t be doing anything in my sewing room this weekend as we were gone this weekend but I did get some sewing done 🙂

mountain-1

I finished hand sewing the binding on the first mountain quilt on our road trip to Memphis.  It’s a nice sized quilt and the picture doesn’t do it justice.  The picture was taken as the last of the sunshine was disappearing.