This weekend I sewed the borders on the Steelers baby quilt and pieced the back so it’s ready to be quilted. It doesn’t seem to photograph well but it’s nice a bright, perfect for a little boy 🙂
I finished two charity quilts this weekend. I broke a needle and knocked the timing out on my machine for the first time. It only took one phone call, albeit a long one, to my dad to get the timing re-set. I did free motion quilting on both of these quilts. After the last pantograph, I wanted less stressful quilting. One of these quilts was a bit wavy and I wanted to give it special attention to see if I could “quilt it out”. I think I did a pretty good job. I have one more left to quilt as we are trying to get these finished up to make our donation deadline.
Here’s the wavy quilt (click to see larger picture):
And here’s a redwork quilt.
Here’s a couple more charity quilts I finished this week. The stamped cross stiched panel and the embroidered blocks were donated to the guild and a member pieced the tops. I decided to use a pantograph on the panel one even though it would go on top of the cross stitching and free motioned the embroidered blocks. I need more practice (which is why there isn’t a close up of the stitching, Mumsy).
This past week I finished hand sewing the binding down on this quilt, from the 2004 First Saturday program at the Quilted Fox. My mom quilted this one for me and she used a pantograph with butterflies.
I quilted yet another charity quilt and this time used a pantograph. It went pretty well as I’m starting to get the hang of the whole looking ahead thing. I need to get the hang of the “looking up at the quilt” thing too as it’s a waste of time to get to the end of a row and discover you ran out of bobbin right after starting!!!