Both of my cats were being cute this weekend. Here’s Casper in a new hiding place made available after the shelves were cleared for the AT&T U-verse installation. (Double click to get larger images of any of these)
And Simontacchi is keeping warm. He crawls up under the quilt and makes himself at home. He woke up so he’s peaking at me to see what I’m up to 🙂
I’ve made good head way cutting up the Scappy Mountain Majasties shirts. There are a couple more light ones and lots of darks ones left to go!
I’m making good progress on the Steelers baby quilt. I’m once again webbing the top (directions from Bonnie Hunter). Double click to enlarge the pictures.
I fussy cut the cornerstones to get the Steelers logo in each one…..I had just enough fabric left to do this.
There are now four charity quilts waiting for quilting which I plan to work on this weekend. One more of the Mola animals and three with embroidered blocks that someone donated to our efforts. I’m also starting to cut apart some more shirts. They are not from the Goodwill this time! I’m making a quilt for someone from their son’s shirts using the Scrappy Mountain Majesty pattern from Quiltville. There are plenty of shirts so I will have a good variety to work with. My plan is to save the back pieces to use for the backing of the quilt. I suspect there will be enough fabric but I can’t tell for sure until I have everything cut apart.
I finished piecing the log cabins. I’m happy with both the size (approx 56 x 70) and the look the finish top. I will quilt it myself, probably with a meander.
Here’s the First Saturday “Tipsy Fox” blocks I mentioned in my previous post. I hadn’t realized how many we have done. These blocks will be cut into quarters and sewed back together after mixing and matching the quarters.
Last I made a test block of a pinwheel pattern. This is the block I’ll be using for a baby quilt for a Steelers fan to be……blue, red, yellow & black!!! Glad it’s to be a baby boy 🙂
I’ve finished the third block in the Folk Style Sampler. These are so much fun. I’ve been doing most of the work during my commute to/from work on the MetroLink . In between I’ve been appliquéing the First Saturday blocks from The Quilted Fox (I’ll post a picture of the First Saturday blocks next time).
Here’s the latest quilting to be completed 🙂 I must be ready to move on from meandering because I was a tiny bit bored with this one. The next quilt is ready to be loaded…I had to piece together the backing but it’s all set to go.
Oh, I did learn another lesson with this quilt though. I remember thinking when I pinned the backing on the machine that if I loaded the quilt sideways, I would get more quilting done with each roll forward. I evidentially forgot I planned to do this by the time I got to the quilt top because I loaded it right side up and, yes, the backing was too short!!! Had to take the whole thing off, sew another piece of the backing on and reload. While I might make that mistake again, it won’t be anytime soon!!!