Here’s a couple more charity quilts I finished this week. The stamped cross stiched panel and the embroidered blocks were donated to the guild and a member pieced the tops. I decided to use a pantograph on the panel one even though it would go on top of the cross stitching and free motioned the embroidered blocks. I need more practice (which is why there isn’t a close up of the stitching, Mumsy).
This past week I finished hand sewing the binding down on this quilt, from the 2004 First Saturday program at the Quilted Fox. My mom quilted this one for me and she used a pantograph with butterflies.
I quilted yet another charity quilt and this time used a pantograph. It went pretty well as I’m starting to get the hang of the whole looking ahead thing. I need to get the hang of the “looking up at the quilt” thing too as it’s a waste of time to get to the end of a row and discover you ran out of bobbin right after starting!!!
Both of my cats were being cute this weekend. Here’s Casper in a new hiding place made available after the shelves were cleared for the AT&T U-verse installation. (Double click to get larger images of any of these)
And Simontacchi is keeping warm. He crawls up under the quilt and makes himself at home. He woke up so he’s peaking at me to see what I’m up to 🙂
I’ve made good head way cutting up the Scappy Mountain Majasties shirts. There are a couple more light ones and lots of darks ones left to go!
I’m making good progress on the Steelers baby quilt. I’m once again webbing the top (directions from Bonnie Hunter). Double click to enlarge the pictures.
I fussy cut the cornerstones to get the Steelers logo in each one…..I had just enough fabric left to do this.
There are now four charity quilts waiting for quilting which I plan to work on this weekend. One more of the Mola animals and three with embroidered blocks that someone donated to our efforts. I’m also starting to cut apart some more shirts. They are not from the Goodwill this time! I’m making a quilt for someone from their son’s shirts using the Scrappy Mountain Majesty pattern from Quiltville. There are plenty of shirts so I will have a good variety to work with. My plan is to save the back pieces to use for the backing of the quilt. I suspect there will be enough fabric but I can’t tell for sure until I have everything cut apart.